Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chicken deal at Target!

Meat seems to be the item that eats most of my weekly grocery budget. That, and diapers. So anytime I can it on sale I try to buy enough to last until the next sale.

This week at Target boneless skinless chicken breasts (40 ounce bags) are on sale for 5.84. Pair that sale price with the 3.00/2 Market Pantry chicken items coupon found on the Target website, and that's a pretty thrifty price on chicken! Only 1.73 per pound. (Must buy two bags.)

When I paid a catalina (Target coupon, expires 2/21/11) printed for 1.50 off a bag of Tyson Grilled and Ready frozen chicken breasts. These are not on sale this week and are regularly priced 6.99 a bag. There is also a manufacturers coupon (1.00/1 1/2/2011 Smart Source) you could match with the Target coupon. Together they would bring the price down to 4.49. But with six weeks until these coupons expire you might find a better deal. I'm going to wait a few weeks:)

2 comments:

  1. Going to get the chicken first thing in the morning! I have been having a meat free week (poor Forrest) because I hadn't seen anything good at Kroger or Tom Thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Is he like Chris and NEEDS meat to survive? We have to eat red meat at least once every three days for Chris to function normally:)

    ReplyDelete