Thursday, December 30, 2010

Target and Kroger

...again:) They seem to be the best (in my area) for scoring deals with coupons.

Kroger: Spent 15.01 on 62.49 worth of groceries!
Most of what we bought were necessities, but there are a few great deals that you should look for if you are headed to Kroger.

Bounty paper towels: (Regular price) 1.09
-.25 coupon from 12/16 Smart Source (store will triple)
Total: .34 cents a roll

Herbal Essence Shampoo/Conditioner/Styling products: Sale price 2.94 (buy two of each)
-(2) Buy one Herbal Essence Shampoo/Conditioner get a Styling product free (12/16 Smart Source)
-4.00 (Proctor and Gamble in store promotion when you buy four)
Total: 1.88 for all four or .47 cents each!

Charmin toilet paper 5.99 (price when you purchase 4 P&G items, pair this with other items you have coupons for, see the Kroger post below for more ideas! Those sales are still good this week!)
-3.00 ecoupon from Kroger.com
Total: 2.99 for double roll twelve pack

And the best deal of the day:)
Wholly queso and hot sauce (in the cold case of the produce department) are on sale buy one get one, which is terrific by itself. But, it gets better! Some of the containers have peelies on them for 'buy the hot sauce get the queso free' and vice versa. My store had both. Here's how the deal worked for me:
2 hot sauce for 3.69 each
2 queso for 4.99 each
Sub total: 17.36 (But because they are BOGO you only pay 8.68)
-2 peelies for free queso (4.99 each)
Total: 1.30 overage!

(If your store only has peelies for 'buy the queso get the hot sauce' it's still a great deal, only 1.30 for all four items!)

                                              
Target: 1.47! Saved 13.09
We needed batteries and I had a few Target coupons that were burning a hole in my pocket, so Otto and I stopped on our way home from Kroger. Check Target.com to find coupons for 1.50 off the light bulbs (on sale for 2.00), and for the shampoo (Regular price .94 and the coupon is for 1.00 a Suave product). The battery coupons came from the 12/12 Smart Source (1.00 off Energizer batteries), and many Targets have Everready batteries (Energizer brand) in the Dollar Spots.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like you need to teach a class on this because I read your posts, but I don't get it. I feel silly because I have tried to get some of these deals but I don't think they turn out the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sister photographed one of my friends and I stumbled upon your blog from hers. I love that you post all your great deals! Thanks for the ideas! P.S. Otto is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete